[Solved] An Already Good Scantool Just Got Much Better
This was recently added to our Scan Tool Recommendation Page (under FAQ), but I wanted to bring to members' attention here:
Autel recently unveiled a new full-system tablet scan tool available that slots between the MaxiCheck MX808 ($350) and the MaxiSys MS960S ($1,150). It is called the MaxiCheck MX900. This tool is intended more as an upgrade to the MX808 and, for the first time, provides bi-directional capability. The price offered by one of the authorized Autel dealers is $559, which is a very fair price for an Autel tablet-style bidirectional scan tool. Back when I was looking for an Autel scantool in 2018 with some bidirectional capability, I wish this had been available. Stepping up to $1,150 is too steep for 99% of us but the MX900 (while still pricey) is a solid middeground.
Here is an overview from the manufacturer:
MaxiCheck MX900 is an 8" touchscreen, all-systems scanner and service tablet. This corded tablet can read and erase codes, view Freeze Frame, view and graph Live Data, and perform bi-directional Active Tests and Special Functions. The MX900 is also a full-featured service tablet with more than 40 service and maintenance tasks, including Brake Bleed, Oil and Service lights resets, Battery Registration, DPF Regen, and Electronic Parking Brake and Steering Angle resets. The MX900 runs on Android 11 OS and is powered by a 1.8 GHz processor. Includes one year of software updates and a limited warranty.
The Autel MaxiCheck MX900 is an updated version of the MX808. It features a longer battery life, double the operating and storage memory, a faster processor and runs on Android 11 OS.
Like the MX808, the Autel MaxiCheck MX900 is tethered to the vehicle, since it does not have Bluetooth.
The MX900 has the same vehicle coverage as all other Autel tablets and offers Pre and Post Scans, Bi-directional controls, and Service Functions. However, it does not offer Topology, Remote Expert, Programming, nor Bluetooth.
- 8" corded Wi-Fi-enabled touchscreen tablet
- Compatible with 1996 and newer U.S., Asian, and European vehicles,
- Read and erase codes, view and graph Live Data, view Freeze Frame data
- Perform bi-directional Active Tests and Special Functions
- Smart AutoVIN technology for easily identifying vehicles
- Supports DoIP and CAN FD protocols
- Performs Pre & Post Scan
- Supports all OBDII protocols and 10 test modes
- Extensive, 40-plus Maintenance and Service Functions including:
- Forced Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) regeneration
- Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) reset
- Oil Light Service and Battery Registration
- Resets service mileage and service intervals
- EFB Reset and perform Brake Bleed
- Android 11OS, 1.8 GHhz processor and 7 hours of continuous battery life
- Update firmware and coverage software wirelessly
- 1- year Updates and Warranty
Where to buy (recommended authorized dealer):
Before buying from Autel, read this: https://carkiller.com/scottykilmer/postid/226864/